Southern Railway Recruitment 2016
The Southern Railway Department has released a notification for the recruitment of various posts. There are almost 139 vacancies to be filled. Interested and Eligible candidates do visit the Official Website to apply for the post before the last date. The last date for the submission of the Application on the 22nd April 2016.
Southern Railway Department
The Southern Railway Department was established on 14th April 1951. It is the result of merging Madras and Southern Mahratta Railway, Mysore state railway and South Indian Railway. Headquarter of this Southern Railway is located at Chennai. Southern Railway is an organization mainly maintains the infrastructure of the Southern railway system of India.
|Name of Division||No. of posts|
|Signal & Telecommunication/ Workshop/ Podanur||30|
|Diesel Loco Shed / Erode under Salem Division||50|
|Electric Loco Shed for Rolling stock / Erode under Salem Division||26|
|Carriage and Wagon Depot /Erode under Salem Division||:5|
|Carriage and Wagon Depot / Palghat under Palghat Division||10|
|Diesel Loco Shed / Ernakulum under Trivandrum Division||11|
|Carriage and Wagon Depot / TVC under Trivandrum Division||12|
Designated Trade Name:
- Electronics Mechanic
- Mechanic Diesel Maintenance
Educational Qualification: The qualification of candidates should be 10th pass and 12th pass or any equivalent to it along with certificate of National Trade.
Age Limit: The minimum age of candidate will be 15 years, and maximum age will be 25 years. The age will be considered as on 24th April 2016.
Name of Organization: Southern Railway
Name of the Posts: Various Posts
Total No.of Posts: 139
Important Dates: The Last date to apply is 22 April 2016 by 17:15 hours.
Official Website: sr.indianrailways.gov.in
Application fee: An application fee of amount Rs.100/- for the non-reserved candidates. There will be no application fee applicable for candidates of ST/SC/PWD and Women categories. This fee will be non-refundable.
Selection Procedure: The selection of candidate will be based on merit list which will be prepared by committee.
Procedure to Apply for Southern Railway Recruitment 2016
- visit the Official Website
- Click on the link for Southern Railway Recruitment 2016
- Download the Application form
- Fill up the form in the prescribed format
- paste a recent passport size photo
- Send the Application form along with all the necessary documents to the postal Address given below before the last date
Postal address: The Work Shop Personnel Officer,Office of the Chief Work Shop Manager,
Signal & Telecommunication Work Shop, Southern Railway – Podanur District – Coimbatore
Tamil Nadu – 641 023
- Date of birth proof certificate
- 10th, 12th Mark sheet and National Trade Certificate
- Employment Exchange Registration No issued by the State of Tamil Nadu and Kerala for concerned trade.
- Certificate of caste belonging to ST/SC categories and for OBC certificate indicating the candidate does not belong to creamy layer.
- Disability Certificate in case of PWD candidates Other qualification and experience certificate