Meghalaya Police Recruitment 2016
The Meghalaya Police Department has released a notification for the recruitment of Sub Inspector, Constable, and other Posts. There are almost 1425 Vacancies to be filled. Interested and Eligible candidates do visit the Official Website to apply for the post before the Last date. candidates can apply through Online on or before 15th April 2016.
Meghalaya Police Department
Meghalaya Police Department is one of the Police forces in India. It is the law of enforcement agency for the State of Meghalaya in India. Meghalaya Police was earlier part of the Assam police until 1972 when the separate state of Meghalaya was created. It Provides safety and security to the people living in the State.
UB Sub Inspector- 80 Posts.
- Unarmed Branch Constables- 441 Posts.
- MPRO Operators/ Signals Operators- 86 Posts.
- Firemen- 31 Posts.
- WPC- 13 Posts.
- Driver Firemen- 05 Posts.
- State Battalion Constable & IRBN constable- 500 Posts.
- Armed Branch Constables- 125 Posts.
- Driver Constables- 81 Posts.
- Handyman Constables- 13 Posts.
- Mechanics- 07 Posts.
- Armorers- 05 Posts.
- Buglers- 04 Posts.
- Rider Constables- 02 Posts.
- MPRO Operators/ Signal Operators- 01 Post.
- Followers of DEF/ State Battalion including IRBN- 11 Posts.
Candidates must have passed 5th/ 7th/ 12th/ Graduation from any recognized university or Board.
For category wise academic qualification, refer the official notification.
Unarmed Branch Constable/ Firemen/ Driver FM/ MPRO Operator/ IRBN Signal Operators/ Mechanics Posts:
- Age should be 18- 21 years.
Armed Branch Constables/ Driver Constables/Handymen/ Battalion Constables & IRBN Constable Posts:
- Applicants Age should be 18- 21 Years.
For Follower Posts:
- Aspirants Age should be 18- 27 Years.
For UB SI/ AB SI Posts:
- Age should be 20- 27 years.
- Age relaxation is applicable as per the rules & regulations of Meghalaya Police Dept.
- Physical Efficiency Test.
- Written Test.
- Final Interview.
Applicants need to pay the registration fee of Rs. 150/- with extra charges of Rs. 30/-. Exam fee can be paid through Online
- For Category I: Rs. 14100/- to Rs. 27510/-.
- For Category II: Rs. 14100/- to Rs. 27510/-.
- For Category III: Rs. 8300/- to Rs. 16270/-.
- For Category IV: Rs. 8300/- to Rs. 16270/-.
- For Category V: Rs. 6500/- to Rs. 12700/-